AUTOMATIC IDENTIFICATION SYSTEM - BASE STATION
The AIS Base Station is the primary component in an AIS Physical Shore Station (PSS), and therefore the most vital component in a coastal AIS network. The AIS BS receives and communicates AIS data from all AIS sources: AIS mobile stations, other AIS Base Stations, AIS Aids to Navigation units, Search and Rescue units etc, within the VHF coverage area.
The AIS BS610 is a product in the new generation AIS Base Station range from Kongsberg Seatex. It has sensitivity better than -115 dBm and 1U 19’’ rack mountable smooth design. The AIS BS610 is designed and tested in accordance with all relevant international standards including IEC 62320-1 and ITU M-1371-4.
The AIS system provides a valuable tool to increase the situation awareness, the efficiency of operations and safety. Experience shows that the workload for operators involved in vessel tracking and monitoring is considerably reduced after the introduction of AIS.
FEATURES OF AIS BS610
- Sensitivity better than -115 dBm
- SNMP v.2
- WEB interface for remote configuration and SW upgrade
- RTCM v.2.3 support for reception of DGPS corrections on LAN
- Three remotely configurable receivers (TDMA/DSC)
- USB interface for firmware upgrade
- Transmission of virtual AtoN, implementation of a subset of IEC 62320-2 functionality
- AIS repeater functionality in accordance with IEC 62320-3
- Redundancy support (RS-232) • Optional combined 100 to 240 V AC and 24 V DC version
- Separate or combined transmitting and receiving antennas
- Remotely controlled hard power reset of PSS equipment
Note: Please click on the photo to enlarge it.